RE: [ukha_d] iTunes protected content as only source

  • Subject: RE: [ukha_d] iTunes protected content as only source
  • From: Marcus Warrington <marcus.warrington@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jul 2006 17:51:47 +0100

Jim,

Your comments made me smile .. Lol :)

When I read back what I'd written I think it sounds a bit bolshy and not
at all
how it sounded in my head as I was writing it :)

Still my point is that DRM is a pain for the "legitimate" user
and does
nothing to
stop the real pirates or people copying CD's. Like most things its the
people who
play by the rules that end up loosing out and the people that break the
rules find
a way around it anyway.

So , for me at least, DRM is not something I want anything to do with
and the best
way of doing that is just buy the CD in the first place.

I guess I'm just the sort of person that likes to walk a different road.
If its popular or
the mainstream I tend not to like it as much as something that's unusual
or different.
Probably the reason why I'm on this group <grin> or the reason I take
stereoscopic
photographs rather than "normal" 2D ones.  This is probably part
of the
reason I
have a "dislike" of the I-Pod.. its a designer label music player
and
everyone wants
one  :) I do find myself pondering why I am sat here writing this email
on  a PC running
Windows rather than on a Mac or Linux.. but I guess I'm full of
contradictions :)

Marcus