Re: iTunes protected content as only source

Marcus Warrington wrote:
> Why would I use I-tunes to encode, when I can use ExactAudioCopy ?

I don't believe I said you should.

> I really don't buy into this I-Pod , I-Tunes stuff,  just give me a
rea MP3 player that
> I could just drag files onto without having to have software loaded on
the PC.

Well, if you do find someone giving away MP3 players, do let us know :-)

>>> If you upgrade,
>>> you just disable playback on the old one and enable it on the
new
>>> one.
>>>
> I think that was the problem, he couldn't disable the playback on the
> "old" machine because
> it didn't exist anymore... the hard disc and motherboard had gone
> t*ts-up.com.

You can de-authorise all of your machines, and re-authorise the working
ones, if a machine dies. You can only do this once a year mind, but one
would hope not to experience more than one catastrophic failure per
year... ;-)

> To be fair it wasn't I-Tunes stuff he lost but  Windows DRM based
> MP3's.. and I believe he did get them back from a backup but it used
up one of his lives.

Glad to hear it. Sounds like he should have read the terms and condition
of the backup software before purchase though - the  recovery costs
seems a little excessive ;-)

Jim