RE: Re: iTunes protected content as only source

  • Subject: RE: Re: iTunes protected content as only source
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Jul 2006 22:54:44 +0100

CD
> sounds hugely better when played as a CD on the hi-fi, as against
played
> on any of our computers through the hi-fi ... which suggests MP3 might
> not be the ideal ...
>
> Chris

...or that your PCs have poor audio stages?

I use MP3 encoded at Lame's "extreme" setting (320kbits IIRC) and
that
sounds absolutely fine for what I need at home when played back off my PC,
off the laptop through a set of Sennheiser HD580 headphones or from a
SliMP3/MCE PC through the AV amp.

I guess it depends what your requirements are and how fussy you are about
your audio - I rarely (read that as "never") get to actually sit
down and
listen to music properly nowadays but I don't think my standards have
slipped that far that even now would I listen to anything that was at all
offensive sounding.

Phil