Re: touchscreen device recommendations please...

  • Subject: Re: touchscreen device recommendations please...
  • From: "Chris Purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jul 2006 12:00:14 -0000

Screen quality is great - they are lovely 1024x768 fellows.

You can get them in free standing (look like creston) or wall mount.
They even sell them with winxp embedded but thats not my bag.

I have 2 wall mounted and 2 free standing. Depends on the location.

This is a free stander on ebay - 190003264969 - but mine all in
charcoal grey.

This one (8829514015) has xp embedded.

You just have to watch ebay they come up fairly frequently.

Chris
=20

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> Thanks Chris,
>=20
> Sounds interesting. What's the quality of the screen like (which
ones/size/case type etc?)
>=20
> Samsung Q1 is also very tempting.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Paul.
>=20
Behalf Of
> > Christopher Purves
> > Sent: 03 July 2006 12:27
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > Subject: RE: [ukha_d] touchscreen device recommendations
please...
> >=20
> >=20
> > Hi,
> >=20
> > I have 4 elo touchscreens onto my htpc pc. It has a quad matrox
card in
> > there all running mainlobby. You can run 4 separate ml clients on
the pc
> > or just clone the matrox and run one client. Plenty of mainlobby
users
> > have taken this route.
> >=20
> >=20
> > Cost
> >=20
> > 4 * Elo Serail Touchscreen ~ =A3200 each from ebay (=A3500 new) -
some
come
> > with audio also - is you get the usb you will need a usb extender
rather
> > than serial (=A350 from maplin)
> > Matrox quad pci card ~ =A3100 ebay
> > Serial-2- rj45 * 8 ~ =A35 each cpc
> > VGA~rj45 baluns ~ 4 * =A380 per pair
> > PC - free!
> >=20
> >=20
> > HTH
> > Chris
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> >=20
> > > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> > > From: groups@...
> > > Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2006 12:19:37 +0100
> > > Subject: [ukha_d] touchscreen device recommendations
please...

> > > I'm getting close to finally having all of my HA systems
displayed and
> > controllable from one interface =96 MainLobby =96 and it's
working real=
ly
> > well.
> > >
> > > I've been thinking of how to display/control this and where.
So far
> > there are three obvious places in my house: AV Room, Kitchen and
master
> > bedroom, each of which have slightly different needs. I'll also
be
> > displaying the interface in a number of other rooms on a TV
through my AV
> > distribution system and controlled by simple remote.
> > >
> > > The AV room is really the main area for this to be used and
the
> > `showcase' for visitors as well as day-to-day use. I will be able
> > display the interface on the plasma but thinking about it, the
use
of a