[OT] Vista Beta 2: My view so far

  • Subject: [OT] Vista Beta 2: My view so far
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren.karp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 11:26:25 -0000

Hi all,

I'm on day 3 of running Vista Beta 2 on my main office PC along with
Office 2007 Beta and all I can say is; its great!

Not at all slow, in fact just as fast as XP Pro IMHO.

I'm running it on a P4 2.8 with 1GB RAM and a 128MB ATI 9550 video
card which is above the standard desktop pc spec I know.

I've had no trouble obtaining drivers for any of my attached
hardware (yet!)

However, I've also installed it on to a second HD on my MCE 2005 PC.
Despite it running without problems, when configuring MCE, the
driver (for an nvidia PCX 5750 128MB card) fails, despite it being a
vista driver. This is a known problem and the driver from nvidia is
only a beta.

I'll keep the group updated.

Darren