RE: Re: Any Harmony 885 remote users ? & where to buy ?

  • Subject: RE: Re: Any Harmony 885 remote users ? & where to buy ?
  • From: "Craig" <craigc.lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:02:31 -0000

885 users - watch out for the base charger. I got my 885 from dabs.com a
few
months back, and I had problems with the 885 charging, it did not make a
good contact 100% of the time. It turns out there has recently been a
modification with the contacts on the base unit **

Units are now being shipped with a modified base charger, but I guess some
old stock could still be shipped with the original base unit.

I called logitech/harmony support, and they shipped me a new modified base
unit FOC (without the transformer).

** New modified base units have slightly smaller gold plated contacts,
ensuring a better reliability of charging the remote. But they have the
same
part no, so its not easy to tell which one you have, unless you have 2 side
by side :)