Latest message you have seen: RE: [OT] Alarm systems

Re: HA without fallback-CBUS

Hi Chris,

Trying to avoid hijacking the thread too much ...

I've started a sort of diary of my experiences on my
blog<http://www.gumbrell.com/archives/home_automation/>.
It's also linked from a
posting<http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=746>in
the "General Discussion" Forums on automatedhome. I've not
updated it
in
the last week, since I was moving hosting off the unmentionable one ...

I'm sending a more detailed reply off-list

Cheers,

Dave

On 1/14/06, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> >Idratek install ...
>
> Dave -
>
> 'just wondered how you've found Idratek ... has it been easy to set-up
&
> reliable, so far ?   ISTR seeing them at the Hatfield HA do ... I was
> tempted ...
>
> Chris
>

> Martin McCreesh wrote:
>
> > I've been looking a half way approach for a cbus install later
this
> > year. Planning to put override switches for main lights at 2 key
> > locations in the house. These locations will be CBUS nodes
anyway.
> > One issue that maybe somebody can help with is what happens if
you
> > apply full power to a cbus dimmed circuit - could it damage the
CBUS
> > dimmer.  The alternative requires a good bit of extra cabling and
> > invloves using a two way switch to isolate the feed to the light
from
> > CBUS.

situations.
> >   >
> >   > So, wire it up, and buy a torch ;-)
> >   >
> >   > Mal
> >   >
> >   >
> >   > Chris Hunter wrote:
> >   >
> >   > >'wondered if anyone had been brave enough to go for HA
without teh
> >   > >fallback - ie: without manual switches on the lighting
circuits,
> > without
> >   > >manual timeclocks & thermostats, and so-on ...
might save a good