Latest message you have seen: RE: Re: [OT] Hosted exchange?

RE: What mains switching do people use (NOT!! X10)

  • Subject: RE: What mains switching do people use (NOT!! X10)
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 21:23:30 -0000

Hi Martin

Have you looked at Clipsals cbus? There are 4ch 20amp and 8 & 12ch
10amp
relay units available. Cbus can be computer/logic control by a number of
methods, including third party apps such as xAP (I'm sure Kevin or
someone from the xAP team will jump in).
My cbus install has been in for over 3 years now (in a barn :-)) and
hasn't missed a beat.
Lots more info on cbus here: http://www.cbus-shop.com

HTH

Rob

Of
> Martin
> Sent: 10 January 2006 17:59
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [ukha_d] What mains switching do people use (NOT!! X10)
>
> Hi.
>
> I wired up a house (converted barn, actually) about 10 years ago,
powered
> by an Amiga
> 500 controlling some homemade hardware.  All the mains switching takes
> place in the
> bunker under the stairs.  There's 48 5A mains relays in there, but it
> looks like the wiring in
> the Tardis.
>
> I am not able to maintain this system as it was built as a prototype,
and
> I want to replace it
> with something of professional (ie, maintainable) quality.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start looking?  Aren't
> shops and offices
> wired up with relays instead of mains switches?
>
> The Amiga has been running without failure since 1995, as it is on a
UPS,