Latest message you have seen: AlertMe Announce Lower Pricing Plus Starter Kit

What mains switching do people use (NOT!! X10)

Hi.

I wired up a house (converted barn, actually) about 10 years ago, powered
by an Amiga
500 controlling some homemade hardware.  All the mains switching takes
place in the
bunker under the stairs.  There's 48 5A mains relays in there, but it looks
like the wiring in
the Tardis.

I am not able to maintain this system as it was built as a prototype, and I
want to replace it
with something of professional (ie, maintainable) quality.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to start looking?  Aren't
shops and offices
wired up with relays instead of mains switches?

The Amiga has been running without failure since 1995, as it is on a UPS,
which had its
batteries replaced twice.  Oh yes, and the Amiga was replaced after a very
nearby lightning
strike. But you know what I mean.

The interface between Amiga and my electronics take place over a parallel
port.  If I were
doing  it now I would obviously use USB.

So I'm looking for a modular system of 5A 240v mains relays controllable by
a computer of
ANY type.

Martin