From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx on behalf of Neil Ball
Sent: Tue 10/01/2006 12:08
To: UKHA_D Group
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Sky+160

The Thomson 160 box gives you the full 160gb capacity. The new V3 standard
plus boxes also have a 160gb disk but 40gb is reserved for use by Sky
leaving 80gb for user recording. Sky are not using this reserved space yet
so exactly how it will be used is still open for debate. A slip up with
recent software updates left a number of Thomson V3 users with the full
160gb available for a while until Sky "fixed" the problem with
another
software download! No one seems to have found a way to unlock this 40gb
manually yet AFAIK.

Neil B.

_____