Possible Venue for UKHA meet over the Smart Home Weekend

  • Subject: Possible Venue for UKHA meet over the Smart Home Weekend
  • From: "Nigel Giddings" <nigel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2006 17:55:12 -0000

Guys and Girls,

There seems some interest in a UKHA meet and show the weekend of the
Smart Home show at the NEC.

I have provisionally been given access to some space at a company that
is 10 minutes, by Taxi, from the NEC BR station.

If there is enough interest and it can be done in the time available I
would be happy to arrange for this to be made available.

My view of this would be a one day event (Saturday or Sunday?) along the
lines of UKHA 2004. Bearing in mind it is only one day, and those
demonstrating require set-up time this may reduce peoples willingness to
show-off their projects. Access may be available the day before to do
stall set-up.

Access to the outside world via IP should be possible but would require
defining.

I also think that some presentations would be a good idea.

The company is a large communications installations company and has a
demonstration suite which would be a good back-drop for peoples
projects. The demonstration suite has mock ups of everything from a data
centre through roadside equipment to a residential front room...

Anyone interested in displaying or presenting at such an event please
contact me either on or off list so I can gauge interest.

Look forward to hearing from you

Nigel

------oooo0oooo-------
9/1/2006