Geovision & Camera Advice Seeked

  • Subject: Geovision & Camera Advice Seeked
  • From: "darren_karp2001" <darren@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 17:00:03 -0000

Hi All,

I have been advised by Henry's radio in London not to both buying 4
individual IP network cameras but to instead buy a 4 port Geovision
card and install that into the PC dedicated to recording these cameras.

What I'm looking for is some advice on what Geovision card I should
get (there will never be any more than 4 cameras) and what the spec of
the host PC should be as I will need to build that. I would like to
record at the best frame rate and quality possible, but would only be
recording when there is movement detected.

The next thing is the colour camera itself. Can I have some
recommendations please? Image quality is important and from what I can
tell from Henry's Radio the non-ip or bog standard range of colour
CCTV cameras aren't really that expensive and would probably suit but
I really don't know!

I assume that the camera's require a source of power and a video
cable. What video cable is required on these as I intend to run this
on Wednesday.

Many thanks
Darren