Re: Network Sockets for in floor installation (Metal and spring covered please!!)

> Ideally ones with a metal cover that's spring loaded to cover the
> socket?!  I know you can get them for power sockets but need to find
> them for network sockets!!

How about using a socket cover and then use an RJ45 insert?

But are you sure you want to be using the flap sort of covers?  They're not
all that friendly long-term.  It's sometimes better, albeit at greater
cost,
to do either a tombstone or a recessed box.  The tombstone style raised box
is a bit more secure as well.  Connections using those bare jacks just
sticking out of the floor are notoriously fragile.  The basic RJ-style
connector just isn't designed for that sort of lateral stress.  If it's a
jack on a tombstone box it's quite a bit more protected.

-Bill Kearney