RE: Node0 pictures

  • Subject: RE: Node0 pictures
  • From: "Benfield, John \(Penta\)" <john.benfield-eds@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 11:38:25 -0000

>Great stuff, but ... 'must say, the complexity of the wiring is
>everytime quite frightening ... how come HA needs all this ?   How come

>just a bus (power, control, signal) run round the house is simply not
enough ?

Agreed. We have put massive amounts of cable in. It would be great if
you could get HA enabled transformers, basically run a normal ring main
plus control/bus wire to each point and then have control over it (I
know this sounds a bit like X10). I considered have some form of CBus
relay on the mains sockets so that I could turn all of those pesky
standby items off, but the cost was prohibitive.