Re: Re: [OT] DVD ripping using multiplke firewire drives ?

Nice - the more I do this kinda stuff the more I see the benefit of
sometim=
es just paying up for a solution that works.

As an example the Russound system I have just installed works brilliantly
(=
hard disk based music server + radio to 12 zones using keypads and
touchscr=
eens). I know there are loads of ways you could try and do it yourself
with=
amps and htpc's but its just nice if it works out of the box for once and =
you have confidence it won't break the first time the wife uses it. I
guess=
the Sonos guys feel the same way - looks gorgeous and works. And on a smal=
ler scale I think the same about the logitech/harmony remotes. Forget
pront=
o/touchscreens and all that effort - few minutes of web configuration and
y=
our off. It even has built in help for when thinks don't quite work.

<\end rant>

Chris=20
----- Original Message -----=20