Re: Network video server for cameras

  • Subject: Re: Network video server for cameras
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 09:33:07 GMT

In article <18a40a570601030941i1630b3bbg@xxxxxxx>, Steve Nye wrote:
> I have the video server that you refer to, from the same supplier. It
has
> been up and in place for about six months during that time it has
worked
> fine expect for one occassion when it froze. Overall I am pleased with
it
> but it does have some limitations, mostly on motion detection, as
follows;

Many, many thanks for that great info. More questions, I'm afraid. :-)

What is the quality of the video like?
Does recording video to a server work OK?
Can you get all four cameras on a single view, and if so, what's the update
rate like?

>7. You can connect upto 4 cameras but only one audio device. You can
also
>take an output to a TV (I haven't tried this)

Really? I thought that one model had TV-out and the other had audio-in - is
there one with both?  And if so, does the TV-out switch between the
cameras?

> I also have a CCTV with embedded server from the same people.

Which model is this?

It sounds like I might as well just buy one, have a play, and if I don't
like it stick it back on eBay!

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire