Re: Fire Protection Hoods?

  • Subject: Re: Fire Protection Hoods?
  • From: "Chris White" <cmw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 08:47:18 -0000

Hi Dean,

Can you tell me more, I am just about to source a range for the new
Jamo range of in-ceiling speakers.

They do provide both accoustic and fire retardance, but i thought it
was fire rather than noise they where used for.

Chris

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Dean Barrett" <dean@r...> wrote:

> No - next question....
>
> Hoods are generally required to comply with part E (Noise
Attenuation) of
> the Building Regs - you dont need to worry about it.
>

> Dean.
>

>   _____

Behalf Of
> Rob Mouser
> Sent: 03 January 2006 21:11
> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
> Subject: [ukha_d] Fire Protection Hoods?
>

> Is it a requirement to fit fire protection hoods to all ceiling
mounted
> down-lighters and speakers these days?
>

> Rob

improvement&w2=Computer+stuff&w3=High&w4=Improvement&c=4&s=76&.sig=TcERUCDPQ
> cJLbg9mtvQGJQ> repair improvement 	Computer

nt&w2=Computer+stuff&w3=High&w4=Improvement&c=4&s=76&.sig=plS9-eUUfaBXyLVFT8
> 7AJg> stuff 	High

uter+stuff&w3=High&w4=Improvement&c=4&s=76&.sig=b5d547gPx7eFWNGqXQCl7A>

> Improvement

w2=Computer+stuff&w3=High&w4=Improvement&c=4&s=76&.sig=O6pw_oratTOwep2G_91fI