[OT] Windows XP Sharing

  • Subject: [OT] Windows XP Sharing
  • From: "Simon McCaughey" <simonmcc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 17:09:42 +0000

Sorry for the OT post, but I'm tearing my hair out!!!

I'm trying to connect from one pc to another pc's administrative share
on my home network, eg \\kitchenpc\C$ and when I get the login prompt
I enter kitchenpc\username and the password, but it never connects,
just keeps challenging me for the password.

Is there something else I need to enable? What am I doing wrong? Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Simon

PS, Normal sharing works fine, and all computers are XP Pro