Re: [OT]: Haupagge mediampv thoughts anyone?

Yes it has a graphic front end (skinable) on the TV that it is
connected to and is controlled by the standard remote or a web
interface so you can control it from a PC or PPC on your network.
For example I use my Pocket PC wirelessly at home to control any of
the MVPs or Rios. And of course with xPL you can then do more (e.g.
the Rio in the bedroom also acts as an alarm streaming an internet
radio station, gradually increasing in volume, on weekday mornings)

Rob

wrote:

> > I use three of these currently, all running MediaNet under xPL
> > from: -
> >
> > http://www.myhap.org.uk/
> >
> > Can see all my photos, MP3's, CCTV cams, web cams and play
movies
> > that I've ripped to SVCD. Can also control my Rio's from the
MVP.
> > Very good for the price and the MediaNet software is miles
better
> > than what it comes with. Did use GBPVR for a while which has a
nicer
> > front end and some neat plug-ins but found it to be a bit
unstable.

> > Rob
> >
> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Gary" <questuk1@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > looking for advice on the Haupagge mediampv, as I want to
play
> > movies
> > > on my TV.
> > >
> > > http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_mediamvp.html
> > >
> > > "Watch PC based music, videos and pictures on your TV
set.
Play
> > slide
> > > shows with music, too!
> > >
> > > Connects to Ethernet networks with standard RJ-45
connectors!

> > > Plays MP3 music and music playlists
> > >
> > > Plays MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 videos
> > >
> > > Plays JPEG and GIF digital pictures
> > >
> > > Includes remote control for easy navigation from your TV
set"

> > > has anyone any experience of them, or ever seen one of these
> > working,
> > > and hopefully theres not much hassle involved with
them...lol