Re: [OT] firewall and FXP transfers using Flash FXP

  • Subject: Re: [OT] firewall and FXP transfers using Flash FXP
  • From: "Rob Dobson" <ukha@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:38:15 -0000

When you turn off PASV mode in FTP it starts to behave somewhat
differently.

You login from the FTP client to the server, once you are logged in
the roles are reversed and the client basically becomes the server and
the server becomes the client - some of our customers have had major
issues with this and one of our VPN products.

I'm not sure how to fix your firewall but maybe this explanation will
help.

Cheers,

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@...> wrote:

> With PASV off, it logs in OK but doesn't return a listing of files -
then gives a 425 time out error.