Re: [OT] PC to TV..streaming, anyone succeeded .. how have you achieved this?

  • Subject: Re: [OT] PC to TV..streaming, anyone succeeded .. how have you achieved this?
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 13:14:05 -0000

Hello Ian,

I originally asked the above question.....

its nice to get an objective point of view (that's why ask questions
on this forum)

I like things to work, from what you described I think it would be too
much hassle!

I think I will go back to my original idea and use a Hauppage
mediampv.... which can be got for =A350. this gives access to your PC
via your TV. also there is dedicated forum for it!

I will just ask in the room, if anyone has experience of one of these
items.

regards Gary

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@...> wrote:

> > I have had a look at the XBMC site and it looks great!
>=20
> It's good, but not all roses in the garden - it's worth remembering
that
> XBMC is a homebrew development, and as such, doesn't perform 100%
all of the
> time.
>=20
> For instance, the build I installed this week doesn't handle .wmv
videos
> properly, whereas the previous version was fine - but the previous
version
> froze on DVD layer changes, the one before that couldn't handle ISO
images
> properly, and the one before that... And so on and so on.
>=20
> I have a very understanding wife, but we still have the discussion
every
> time xbmc does one of it's "weirds" that an actual DVD
player is
only thirty
> quid, and the hassle of XBMC isn't worth it.
>=20
> >The soft mod seems to be quite complicated... you need a certain
game and
> the Action=20
> >Replay hardware, whereas the chip mod would be relatively
simple...
what is