Re: [OT] PC to TV..streaming, anyone succeeded .. how have you achieved this?

  • Subject: Re: [OT] PC to TV..streaming, anyone succeeded .. how have you achieved this?
  • From: "Gary" <questuk1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 11:14:48 -0000

hello,

I had thought about xbox, but heard they had noisy fans and very small
hard drives.

I want it to be as quiet as possible in the room, while i am watching
videos!

I do have a room I could put it in.  that's about 5 m from my living
room. how would the xbox cope with this, sorry I have never used an
xbox, so I don't know how about there connections.

if you could give me any quick tips on using the xbox, for media
streaming etc that would be great!

and the rough costs of setting up an xbox to be a media centre, as I
think you have to buy a mod chip, new hard drive? ethernet connection?

regards Gary

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Christopher Purves"
<CHRIS_PURVES@...>
wrote:

> I just bought a second hand xbox - with dvd remote from =A345 incl
postage. That is just an incredible price for a fully featured dvd
player and media extender.