Re: Quick question to comfort owners

  • Subject: Re: Quick question to comfort owners
  • From: "Chris Purves" <CHRIS_PURVES@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:00:24 -0000

Hi,

I have 2 unknown units on my CBUS network - your gateway and comfort.
I labelled one of them in toolkit as comfort (can't remember how I
arrived at this) and its that one that is in the logs as last unit to
set light (it was on again when I got up this morning).

I could have the units mixed up I guess. I have not yet programmed
anything in homeseer to drive the gateway though - everything is in
the pac at the moment.

It is always the same lights that get turned on and its those lights
that the comfort ctouch keypad by my front door can turn on too
(coincidence ?).

I should be able to nail this down as I can issue a command from
homeseer to work out once and for all which unknown (NEWUNIT) is which.

Chris

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Kevin Hawkins <lists@...> wrote:

> christopher purves wrote:
> > Nah its all CBUS. I can see from the CBUS toolkit logs that its
comfort
> > doing it.
> Hi Chris,
>
>     Just listening in here - you are sure it's Comfort ?  I say that
> because my C-Bus controller / HomeVision or your PAC could also be
> culprits too - do the toolkit logs narrow it down to commands
> originating from the Comfort UCM ?
>     There are some default actions in Comfort that activate X10
devices
> which can take you by surprise but that shouldn't affect C-Bus.
Does it