RE: Re: OT: Something for car fans!

  • Subject: RE: Re: OT: Something for car fans!
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 07:48:01 -0000

Spent most of the weekend chasing around after various test drives - took
out a Civic Type R on Saturday, should have taken an Astra VRX out too but
when he found out I was looking for a company car the Vauxhall dealer
flatly
refused to help me any further saying that his insurance didn't cover me.
Yesterday I took out a trio of Cooper S's (one on standard 16's, one on the
17's supplied with the Chilli Pack and one on a rather scary set of 18's),
Focus ST (OK - so I found out last week that I couldn't have it because of
the 2.2 litre limit but wouldn't you still have taken it out for a caning?)
and also a 231bhp version RX-8.

Now have my "pecking order" to give to the leasing company and if
they come
back with any favourable quotes on any of them then we'll see what happens.

Phil