Re: [OT] website DoS attack - help!

kinchyuk wrote:
> --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, James Fidell <james@...> wrote:
>

>>You need access to the raw server logs.  That should give you some
>>indication of what's going on.  The hosting company should be able
>>to provide those, and if they can't then you should be finding
>>another place to host your site anyhow.
>
> Yep I have asked.. they've replied that as its a clustered system they
> can't provide logs - but I should use their own stats tool. Which
> doesn't show anything :)

That's one of the  most pathetic things I've ever heard.  In one of my
lives I do systems admin work on a clustered webserver farm and it's no
significant problem at all to provide separate log files for many
thousands of websites from access logs totalling many millions of lines.

Definitely time to take your money elsewhere...

James