Re: Network video server for cameras

  • Subject: Re: Network video server for cameras
  • From: Ian Oliver <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 12:14:35 GMT

In article <18a40a570602161139j4cb99fa9k@xxxxxxx>, Steve Nye
wrote:
> Ian, if you have a 9100a then you may be interested in this group
> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/9100/

Thanks. I found it a couple of days ago, and have been posting my
findings. I think I now know pretty much everything I need to allow me
to separate the individual camera pictures from the stream.

The unit produced a multipart server-push stream containing jpegs. Some
extra chunks in the jpeg tells you the timestamp and the camera ID.

I'm not sure whether to try and find the streams into some pipes (I
wonder what Zone Minder wants?) or whether to do all the motion
detection and AVI file creation myself. I'm not sure if Python will be
fast enough for this though.

Regards the group, no-one else seems to be around! Anyway, I'll
continue my monologue and see what happens.

Ian Oliver
Sunny Leeds, UK
Using Java on Tini for control via Dallas 1-wire