Re: Parallel Placement of X10 modules question - status reporting

  • Subject: Re: Parallel Placement of X10 modules question - status reporting
  • From: ian.bird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 11:12:16 +0000

I suspect this will not work as you expect. I use the manual control on my
LD11 in the kitchen quite frequently and the light level (dim factor) is
not predictable depending on other factors. An example of this is when
Homevision turns the light off from a dimmed state. I then turn it back on
manually with a single click. It comes onto the original setting which is
too dark as it is after midnight. I then press and hold to get to a
brighter light and sometimes it goes straight up to brighter and sometimes
back to 0 then up to bright. I suspect this is something to do with the
previous state of the light but it has never been a problem so I have not
thought about it too hard.

I use a light level sensor to monitor the dim factor although this is more
for ambient light than actual dim level.

Of course what you really need is some micro controller based device that
can measure the chopped amount of the mains sine wave to indicate the
almost exact dim level. Sadly this is an idea that no one to my knowledge
has looked into.

Ian

---------+---------------------------->
"egelbeertje"