Latest message you have seen: Re: XBMC Guide

Re: Re: [OT] bonding multiple ADSL lines?

Paul Gale wrote:
> Thanks everyone!!!
>
> Just had a look at the firebrick - looks really good. They mention
that "BT have recently introduced source IP address filtering on some
IPStream ADSL connections" that can prevent upstream bonding. Anyone
know what ISP's might have a problem?

> So, if I want 4 x lines - I'd need to have another 3 lines installed
and setup 3 new (or 4 new) accounts (cheap services?). Am I right in saying
the costs would be:

> 3 x Installation costs for new lines
> 3 x monthly rentals
> 3 x ISP monthly rentals
> 1 x firebrick with bonding option
> Anything else?

If you go to A&A you need:

1 main ADSL account, you need to choose this on the amount of Mon-Fri
7am-7pm download bandwidth you need (outside of these times and upload
is all unmetered),

plus 3 additional ADSL lines at £11 a month.

see http://aa.nu/aa/adsl/multiline.html

> Would I also need to use the same ISP's or can I use a couple (to
provide a bit of extra resilience?

Easier to stick with one ISP.

Nick.