RE: Re: [OT] bonding multiple ADSL lines?

  • Subject: RE: Re: [OT] bonding multiple ADSL lines?
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:25:57 -0000

Thanks everyone!!!

Just had a look at the firebrick - looks really good. They mention that
"BT have recently introduced source IP address filtering on some
IPStream ADSL connections" that can prevent upstream bonding. Anyone
know what ISP's might have a problem?

So, if I want 4 x lines - I'd need to have another 3 lines installed and
setup 3 new (or 4 new) accounts (cheap services?). Am I right in saying the
costs would be:

3 x Installation costs for new lines
3 x monthly rentals
3 x ISP monthly rentals
1 x firebrick with bonding option
Anything else?

Any ideas on rough costs per month?

Would I also need to use the same ISP's or can I use a couple (to provide a
bit of extra resilience?

Many thanks,

Paul.