RE: Re: OT: Something for car fans!

  • Subject: RE: Re: OT: Something for car fans!
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 22:42:06 -0000

> Gareth Cook <mailto:g@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I'll second that.
> >
> > Mate has a Cooper S and he and his missus complained about
> it's effect
> > on their backs.
> >
> > Surely a Holden is in order ? In blue, with white stripes.
> >
> > With pink cabling.
>
> ...and the engine chopped in 3?  With a 2.2L limit, clearly
> the way to a nippy motor is something turbocharged ... Or an S2000.
>
> Cheers,
> Andy

Unfortunately they're pretty tight on budget (maybe it's Gareth buying kit
from Oz rather than here?) too and so an S2000 or RX-8 would be
"possible"
but I'd have to chip in quite a wadge each month myself towards either of
those. Hence contemplating the Cooper S.

(The "benchmark" vehicle is a 1.9 CDTi Vectra "Club"
... There's not much
that's fun for that kind of price!)

I do have a couple of friends who are both in their 60's and they have a
JCW
Cooper S which they do reasonably regular trips down to the South of France
in and they reckon it's OK on long journeys...

...mind you, the Mini is "hers". "His" is a Tuscan S so
I guess the Mini is
positively softly sprung in comparison. ;-)

Phil