Fw: Re: OT: Something for car fans!

  • Subject: Fw: Re: OT: Something for car fans!
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 18:07:57 +0000

I've been through this extensively since we bought the car in 02

Basically, the suspension system is sh1te. The wheels are fine (they were
changed) the tyres are fine (they have all been changed since we bought
the car anyway). You step into our 911 with the same size wheels (exactly
the same) and the problem isnt there.

In mid-01, BMW changed the suspension system on the E46 - before it was
ok, after total crap. The E90/91's (ie the new 3 ) dont have the same
system or problem.

The feel is dead on centre and it just runs with the camber far too easily
- this is NOT tramlining - thats a different thing.

Once you step into the old 911, you realise how shocking bad our 330i is.
I've driven quite a few other E46's and they all save the same issue -
driven some 2001 E46's, they dont have the problem. Prob isnt there on
non-Sporting models (but then you roll all over the place !)

In the USA, they had a re-call system for a year to revert to the old
suspension system (in 02) - didnt happen anywhere else.

G.

Gareth Cook
Tools and Process Architect
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 16/02/2006 18:01 -----

Discussion