RE: [OT] Cheapest PC ?

  • Subject: RE: [OT] Cheapest PC ?
  • From: "Alex Monaghan" <ha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2006 11:50:24 -0000

I have NTL cable presented as RJ45, this connects to router 1

Router 1 is configured as a DHCP server and has the MAC of router 2 with a
static IP=20
This creates my "orange" network
Router 2 is configured without DHCP server as my internal network handles
this, router 2 is plugged into the hub on router 1

Cable box ----> Router 1 -----> Router 2 -----> Local network hub

DMZ network hub

Router 1 is set to port forward a few ports to the router 2 DMZ address for
things like rsync=20

Not quite the same as the smoothwall setup, but works just as well.

Router 1 effectively controls what comes into the network, router 2
control=
what comes into my "secure" network. Anything outbound from
either network
is OK, inbound gets blocked either at router 1 or router 2 depending on the
firewall rules.