Re: Need a PC for HA ...

  • Subject: Re: Need a PC for HA ...
  • From: "patrick_o_matic" <patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 10:19:10 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Ian Lowe" <ianlowe@...> wrote:

> Coming from the Mac World.. I'd say get a shuttle PC - small, quiet,
> compact, nice to look at and also not too expensive.

They tend to run a bit hot though, with restricted airflow within the
case. As such - not perfect for 24x7 use IMO. Presumably this thing
will be stuck in a rack or out of the way somewhere, in which case
looks are immaterial? If so, how about a low end Dell server (nicely
engineered, reliable, inexpensive), or if you are concerned about
minimising power consumption, a mini-itx.

Patrick