Re: CCTV equipment

christopher purves wrote:
> Do you have any specific links ?

I have a VD70CSHRX dome from henrys. You get a B&W picture for quite a
while after sunset, but by the time it's properly dark, you won't see
much without some sort of illumination (it claims 0.1 lux minimum).

I'm still looking for a suitable source of IR illumination.

I bought 100 IR LEDs off ebay, but even 30-40 of those don't provide
enough IR to make much of a difference outside. (They were fairly long
wavelength IR though - even in pitch black darkness the dull red glow
was barely perceivable. "Nearer" IR would probably have worked
better).

Anyone found a source of fluorescent tubes/lamps with coating that emits
IR? :-)

Jim