Re: [OT]: how to protect e-mail on website?

> I assume some of you have your own web pages, how do you go about
it?

Various tricks exist.  The simplest is to make an image of your e-mail
address.  That way people have to retype it to send you mail.  Most bots
aren't going to take the time to run an optical character recognizer on one
person's contact image.

Otherwise you learn to use a throwaway public address.  I've used mine on
hotmail for the past 5 years and it's worked quite well.  I also use a
program called 'hotwayd' running on a linux box to pull the mail from there
and put them into a locally stored IMAP server mailbox.  This way I don't
have to put up with their web interface for reading the messages.

-Bill Kearney