Re: [OT] Anyone got a Tom Tom One?

I've found that TomTom with the Traffic subscription is great at
getting out of fixes. You can see ahead of any congestions and jams
and get re-routed automatically. It even lets you know what type of
jam it is and the expected delay to your journey. No experience of
the DVO system but the 3D display on TomTom is really useful at
judging the bends, junctions etc coming up. I've now moved TomTom on
to my SPV M5000 (xDA Exec etc) and the VGA screen is superb (not the
One I know but the same software).

Rob

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Chris Hunter <cjhunter@...> wrote:

> Tom Tom's OK for straight-forward getting you to a destination ...
but
> 'real test is when things go wrong ... ie: 'in a jam, and need to
find a
> way out ... then it's not so good ... we've a '700 and it's not a
patch
> on our five year old DVO system in the other car ... brightness,
> reception, screen-size, ability to track ahead, view of the
alternatives
> ... the reviews were good, but we've been very disappointed ...
>
> Chris
>

> David Chapman wrote:
>
> > Yes,
> >
> > Bought wife one for Christmas, she loves it, very easy and
intuative
> > to use,
> > can upload speed camera database and custom voices (she likes
John
> > Cleese)
> > good battery life so don't always have to plug it in to charger.
We don't
> > use the screen mount - instead it's held on to the dash with
Velcro -