From: ukha_d@xxxxxxx on behalf of christopher purves
Sent: Mon 06/02/2006 13:16
To: UKHA_D Group
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] CBUS joy!

Hi,

PAC from Australia

Kevins gateway for the xAP (thanks Kevin)

The inital programming was done by my electrician (Ben) and was mostly
groups based. I have now changed almost everything to be scene based rather
than group based. I have all DLTs so I have defined everything as action
tags to get the labelling working for scenes (nice). Most rooms now have 3
scenes and an all off button on the first page. This gives consistent
layout
throught the house which is good for wife/nanny/cleaner and means we turn
lights off occasionally (if you need to turn 5 groups off to make a room
dark it stops happening).

Next steps -
Arming alarm (confort) -> all lights off
DLT to control open/close of curtains via comfort.
Possibly control aircon via dlt's.
Irrigation is via 4 CBUS relay but not sceduled yet - B&W touchscreen
for
this.

I am still tempted to write my own automation system to replace homeseer in
java. Homeseer seems (even now) a little flakey and overly X10 based. We
shall see.

Chris