Fw: CBUS joy!

  • Subject: Fw: CBUS joy!
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 12:13:55 +0000

Square saturns - yes

See mine - http://palmlodge.com/lookup/CBUS+Installed

Gareth Cook
Tools and Process Architect
IBM SWG Sales - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx
email: g@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 06/02/2006 12:13 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Today 12:08

.
Subject:
.
[ukha_d] CBUS joy!
.
Category:

At the weekend I finally got my *rse into gear and started my CBUS
install.. - deep joy... Only got 1 light up & running so far (but I did
have to repaint an entire wall to make good where the old switches were
removed...) but at least it's a start!

Donwside is it appears to have killed a couple of X10 DIN modules that are
mounted right next to the CBUS Dimmer unit stone dead... - they work fine
on local control, but not by X10... - I assume the CBUS dimmer in close
proximity is killing the X10 signal, - more reason for me to hurry up &
upgrade those to CBUS as well I guess...

Quick question: - I'm just about to order up some more switches so I can
do precisely that, but I want to confirm that the square Saturns fit on
bog-standard UK size single-gang backboxes?... - even the the 6-button
ones?.. - the documentation for them says that they fit on standard
backboxes, but doesn't explicitly say *what* standard!! - despite being
called square, they look decidedly rectangular in any picture I can
find... - is that just because everyone is still using old pictures?

Cheers.

Paul G.