RE: [uka_d] Mini-mac as a (kind of) HTPC

  • Subject: RE: [uka_d] Mini-mac as a (kind of) HTPC
  • From: "Tony" <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 19:35:51 -0000

> I was a bit disappointed with Apple Discussions a while ago
> when I was trying to find out about the "union" option in
the
> Mac's mount command and the first reaction I got on there was
> "It can't be done" followed by "Oh - let us know how
you get
> on" when I showed them what it did and how it worked.

Aaah, mac is built on linux isn't it?

So all I need to do is write a windows app that telnet's into the mac,
mounts the image and runs the dvd player (I just know it's not going to be
this simple!)

Actually, and my linux is a little rusty, if I simply telnet in and mount
the volume with a common name I could have an automator that plays it in
full screen? No that's probably got to be too simple to work

I'm really trying hard not to like the mac, but it's getting very
difficult!

Regards
Tony