Re: SWMBO caught me off guard!

W>  I would appreciate some of the shared collective knowledge on
this if
W>  anyone has any thoughts.

I don't think I can disagree with much of what the others have said on
this, but given the venue I'm surprised that the automation aspects
haven't been addressed!

I bought myself an LG LCD TV a couple of months ago (32LX2R in fact)
which has a serial port which provides both control and feedback.
There are only a very few LCDs and plasmas available in this country
that have serial or ethernet control, and most of them are made by LG,
and what's more the protocol is documented in the normal user manual.

It's also a damn good TV with HDMI, DVI, Component, SVideo, 2xSCART
etc inputs.

--
Best regards,
Rob                            mailto:rob.heyes@xxxxxxx