RE: Replacing and automating the Central Heating switch (PIC fixed)

  • Subject: RE: Replacing and automating the Central Heating switch (PIC fixed)
  • From: "Mike Griffiths" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2006 11:00:39 -0000

That could work Gareth but I think it is safer to keep mains
associated
with the boiler in the boiler

Running a control to the boiler is the best bet

Imagine you go back to the relay unit in two years looking for a fault

You isolate the mains feed to the cbus relay unit assuming it is then
safe to work on

Forgetting the "other" mains feed coming in from the boiler

Your HA system isn't calling for heat

So when you test for live mains there isn't any

Half way through your fault finding the HA system calls for heat

As you lie on the floor shaking you remember the mains coming in from
the boiler you ran 2 years ago

OR

You could just put a big message on the dimmer ;-)

My 2d worth

Mike