Re: Re: Free Mail Server ?

rb_ziggy wrote:
> I've being looking for a similar email solution as we now have
> multiple PCs around the house and can use any to access mail.  Having
> a single client machine based system is proving to be inadequate so a
> server based approach would be the answer.
>
> I looked at Mercury recently but it seems that this MAY be going out
> of support / active development - the commercial model doesn't seem to
> be working for the author.  Details on the pmail.com site.

I use Cyrus IMAP on linux.
It's used by a few university campuses so it's stable and scales.
I used to run all my mail on a K3-450 (remember them) - some mailboxes had
many
tens of thousands of emails in them and even on
that old hardware it would respond instantly.

I have several email clients and a basic web-mail service so I can access
mail
from web-cafe's or whilst on holiday.

David