RE: Circuit Brealer Dead?

  • Subject: RE: Circuit Brealer Dead?
  • From: "Richard Malcolm-Smith" <rich_lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 00:58:30 +1300

Sometimes they will not "catch" when turned on, and even tho
the lever locks
in the on position, the contacts are still open.

I have had a couple fail so that the contacts were bordering on closed, and
everytime there was something large turned on on that circuit, the thing
would open momenterily. It eventually got hot and deformed and nolonger
would turn on.

They are engineered to a price, not for quality, so yeah, failure is quite
likley IMO.

_____