Re: Urgent Freeview problem

  • Subject: Re: Urgent Freeview problem
  • From: "Jonathan Shaw" <semi.jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2006 08:49:01 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Jim Noble <yahoo-groups@...> wrote:

> On 15 Dec 2006, at 20:33, Jonathan Shaw wrote:
>

> CT100 is 75 ohm, and exactly the right thing to use.

That's a relief

> Is your Aerial Wideband? The freeview signals are spread around a
> bit, and a non-wideband aerial might not cover all bands.
>
> The ITV1/2 mux from Sudbury is on Channel 68, quite a bit higher
up
> than the other muxes, which are all in the C48-54 range:
>
> http://www.ukfree.tv/txdetail.php?a=TL913377

I connected to his aerial and got the channel details loaded and then
transferred to mine, IIRC ITV is in the ~745000khz frequency
(according to set-up)

> Perhaps you only have a Group B aerial?
> http://www.ukfree.tv/styles/images/aerials/aerials4.png

I have a horrible feeling this might be the answer - there was a
sticker on top of the aetial with "B" on it :-(
As the aerial was supplied by neighbour who assured me set-up
was "simple" I assumed he'd got the same one he had...arrgh

Sudbury/ Tacolneston - no idea really, neighbours STB tells him the
transmitter, it is within a few degrees of his aerial direction (OK
could be miles apart 30 or so miles away).

Scaffolding - this doesn't come up any where near as high as the
aerial (platform I was on at least 3m below aerial), so hope that not
the problem.

Signal too strong:  In the area ITV is known as the problematic
channel (of the main ones) so I am sure this isn't the case - in
lining everything up I tried so many positions and checking that I
think I'd have covred the sight offset option.

Connections: before I mounted it I went over the arial end.  Its a
single run.

Many thanks for all the suggetions  I'll query the aerail type - and
probably have to pay to get it replaced - turns out its not such a
simple job!

Jon