Re: Half Price BT Home Monitor VP1000 - Ends Midnight

Well the Powermax has a PGM output that can drive a relay. It can be
triggered by the keyfob, or by the alarm state etc.
There's no mention of it in the BT docs, but the VP1000 is aimed at self
installers, so it may just be covered up or ignored - I'll not know for
sure until the thing turns up and I've had a play!

Bit of a bummer on the Savastore price, but the BT deal did have free
shipping, so there probably won't be much of a difference in the end.
Looking around, there are a lot of places selling it for £100 (even PC
World).  I guess it's just another hollow offer from BT - should have
known better!

Mal

Paul Gale wrote:

> Thanks Mal,
>
> I passed this on to my Brother who's interested in getting one - of
> course he saw the keyfob and realised it's the same one I use with
> Comfort and all the gadgets, bells and whistles!
>
> He now wants to control a garage door opener from the keyfob. I
> presume the control panel doesn't have an output/relay option? Or is
> there a wired/wireless module that might be able to interface with the
> garage door?
>
> If not, I guess the alternative would be to buy a Visonic wireless
> receiver and link that directly to the door opener (with a bit of
> 'magic'!). From memory, you can teach the receiver individual keyfob
> buttons - or can you???? i.e. control both the control panel and a
> separate receiver simultaneously?
>
> BTW - savastore are £10 cheaper on the kit than BT!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Paul.

On
> Behalf Of
> > Mal Lansell
> > Sent: 12 December 2006 16:47
> > To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%40yahoogroups.com>
> > Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Half Price BT Home Monitor VP1000 - Ends
Midnight

> > It has an internal siren.
> >
> > BT don't sell an external siren for the system, but the Visonic
wireless
> > one will work just fine (well, I say wireless, it still needs a
mains
> > supply!)
> >
> > Mal
> >

> > Paul Gale wrote:
> >
> > > Does it have a siren output? Wired or woreless?
> > >
> > > Paul.

disguise) for
> pretty

offer on the BT