Re: Home document management?

Pankaj Dhokia wrote:
> Is it possible to scan using an ADF in Acrobat?

Ah, one thing to watch out for - Acrobat (reader - I dont know about
'full product') does not do the scanning. PDF files are created by your
scanning software as an output file type (usually). Its these that the
plug in 'ocr's and then lets you search.

As an addition - we've just got hold of a HP 9200c Digital Sender at the
office which creates searchable pdf files. These don't need to be
ocr'ed by any additional software as the scanner software does this as
its saving. Things like Google desktop search then doesn't need the plug
in to index the text within it.

Hth
Wayne.