Re: RE: (OT) Help with GIF web images

Standard FTP server.

Oh uploading via HSPDA via my Vario II - perhaps this is the cause?? I
never thought of that.

I have now converted the image to png and it seems to be working fine
- though in Opera the background and image colour match, whereas in IE
the two same colours appear to be a different tone!!!

I will try and upload via a normal connection when I actually get to one!

Thanks,

Ho yin

On 11/12/06, Paul Gale <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Is the FTP site just a standard FTP site or is it something weird?
>
>  Also - what kind of connection are you using? Do you maybe have some
sort
> of image compression on your connection (like some GPRS etc
connections have
> working through a proxy)? Don't know if these are still common but
they were
> on early GPRS connections.
>
>  Paul.

:-)
>  >
>  > On 11/12/06, Paul Gale <groups@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > > Are you using a standard FTP client or some kind of web
based upload
>  > utility
>  > > on a web page etc? (if so, just wondering if the web upload
is
>  > > re-compressing the image)?
>  > >
>  > > Paul.
>  > >
>  > >
>  > >
images
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > > Dear all,
>  > > > > >
>  > > > > > Hope someone can help I have a web image
that I need to upload to
>  > > > > > a web site. I have it saved as a gif in
imageready with web safe
>  > > > > > colours. When I view it on my computer via
ie and opera it is
>  > > > > > fine. As soon as I upload it on to the ftp
and view it remotely
>  > > > > > half the colours disappear and the image
quality is greatly
>  > > > > > reduced. I am viewing the same files with
the same browser so why
>  > > > > > are the images different? The same happens
with jpg files.