From: "Malcolm Surgenor" <malcolm@xxxxxxx>
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: 11/12/06 21:13
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Home document management?

I scan everything as PDF and store in Paperport.  much to my wife's
annoyance I scan everything as it comes in and then shred it  "where's
that
latest Visa bill" is a common shout in our house!  I've only come a
cropper
once though when we had to open a new bank account and didn't have an
original recent utility bill!  :-)

I've found Paperport fast enough and it indexes everything - great for
finding telephone numbers in my Orange bills.  I also print online
statements to PDF and let PP index them.

I have an HP Scanjet 5550c scanner with ADF.  Incidentally I have a spare
unused ADF if anyone's interested (and can find out which Scanjet models it
fits).

Malcolm
_____