(OT) Help with GIF web images

Dear all,

Hope someone can help I have a web image that I need to upload to a web
site. I have it saved as a gif in imageready with web safe colours. When I
view it on my computer via ie and opera it is fine. As soon as I upload it
on to the ftp and view it remotely half the colours disappear and the image
quality is greatly reduced. I am viewing the same files with the same
browser so why are the images different? The same happens with jpg files.

Does anyone know why? How do I rectify it?

Thanks,

Ho yin