Re: UPS's...again

Hi Dan,

The shallowest (front to back) are the 3000 5U and 1500 2U
http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?
base_sku=3DSU3000RMINET
http://www.apc.com/resource/include/techspec_index.cfm?
base_sku=3DSUA1500RMI2U

But even then they are around 450mm deep.
I'll have a look at what else I've got.
Could you use a tower UPS?

Regards
Andy

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, Dan Ward <mail@...> wrote:

> Hi Andy,
>=20
> Do you have any rack UPS which are around 300mm deep?  I have a=20
very=20
> shallow rack!
>=20
> Cheers
>=20
> Dan
>=20
> Andy Whitfield wrote:
> >
> > Here are a few prices
> >
> > APC Smart UPSs
> > 3000 2U =A3250 good batteries. =A3320 with approx 1 year APC
> > warranty left. Black fascias.
> > 1500 2U =A3135 new batts black fascia.
> >
> > 3000XL 3U =A3299 good batts. Can add extra rackmount battery
> > cabinets (2 available).
> > 3000 3U =A3375 new/boxed black fascia. =A3250 new batts black
> > fascia.
> > 2200 3U =A3275 new/boxed beige fascia. =A3200 new batts beige or
> > black fascia.
> >
> > 5000 5U =A3350-450 used batts. Price depends on battery
> > condition. Beige or black.
> > 3000 5U =A3260 new batts beige.
> > 3000 tower =A3260 new batts beige. Extra battery cabinets=20
available.

> > Compaq UPSs
> > R3000XR =A3300 new and within warranty. =A3240 new batteries.
> >
> > The APC 3000va 2Us I hope to have in next week.
> > The new/boxed APC UPSs have been in storage for a few years
but=20
my
> > customers have successfully registered the warranty online
with=20
APC.
> > The new boxed R3000XR is still within Compaq's warranty.
> >
> > Prices are negotiable. Can reduce price for quantity. Also I've
> > got a few UPSs which are cosmetically not the best so they
would=20
be
> > cheaper.
> >
> > Regards
> > Andy the UPS Man
> >
> > --- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx <mailto:ukha_d%
40yahoogroups.com>, "Paul=20
> > Gordon" <paul@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Ah! - That's reminded me, I *still* need to sort mine out. -
> > Especially
> > > important now since we did have a brownout last week that=20
knocked
> > both
> > > my servers offline, and they wouldn't start up again until
the
> > mains
> > > lead was physically removed & reinserted into the PSU's.
> > >
> > > Have you got anything that can support 2 fairly heavily
laden
> > servers;
> > > one has 7 HDD's in it, the other has 3. Both are running
P4's.

> > > Ideally it will be rackmount, and will fit in 2U, although
I=20
could
> > > stretch to either 3U or even 4U at a push..
> > >
> > > Oh, and if it could be black as well that would be really=20
great!

> > > I don't have a "budget" per se, but that's not to
say that=20
money's
> > no
> > > object! - obviously being a seasoned UKHA-er I want it as=20
cheap as
> > > possible, but I'm kinda hoping to stay in the "couple
of=20
hundred"
> > > ballpark...
> > >
> > > Got anything?